In this article we will cover all the points related to POS Configurations, below are all the points which will be covered in the article:
- Avoiding Collection of RESPA in the POS
- Customizing your POS URL
- Configure custom questions in POS
- Customize POS options for required details
- App submit configuration
- Please go to the Company Settings by clicking on your profile picture in the top right corner.
- Click on POS Config in the left hand side menu.
Avoiding Collection of RESPA in the POS
You may want to limit what information is requested in the POS so as to avoid triggering RESPA prematurely. You can handle this in a number of ways, but it is common to approach this as follows:
- Purchase transactions - Do not collect the subject property address.
- Refinance transactions - Do not collect the subject property value or estimated loan amount.
When configuring the POS, it is possible to customize the pages which are included or hidden. To do so:
- Click Edit in the POS Config section.
- Uncheck boxes for information you do not want to collect in the POS.
- Check boxes for information you do want to collect in the POS.
- Click Save.
Customizing your POS URL
1. Scroll down in POS Config,
2. Click on Edit in the Domain Settings
3. Enter your desired domain and click save (the domain needs to be unique among all brokers)
4. After confirming the change any active borrowers will be logged out
Your loan officer users will then see the base URL change for their POS link. Some may need to "hard refresh" their internet browser by either pressing the F5 button on their keyboard or clicking the refresh button in the browser.
Note: Please ensure to notify your borrowers of the change to your POS URL
Configure custom questions in POS
You can add custom questions in the POS which you’d like your borrowers to answer while completing their application.
- Scroll down to find ‘Additional Question Config’.
- Click on Configure on the far right.
- Add your question by clicking on the blue button ‘+Question’ in the top right corner.
You can choose whether to ask the question from all the Borrowers, Primary Borrowers or just the Co-Borrowers.
Select your Answer Type to be a Long Text, Dropdown, Checkboxes etc.
- Click on Save to add your question.
- You can click on the Preview button in the top corner to view your question.
Customize POS options for required details
- Click on edit on top right as in below image
- Click on save after editing these options
App submit configuration
- Collecting Documents in the POS Immediately After Application Submission or Later
- Submission of application without credit consent
- Application submission "only after all the required details are filled"
- View or edit
Consent - eConsent Config
Consent - Credit Consent Config